A home performance/energy audit is often the first step in making your home more efficient. An audit can help you assess how much energy your home uses and evaluate what measures you can take to improve efficiency. Agreenergy provides extensive information about home improvement projects to enhance energy efficiency, lower utility bills, and increase comfort. Audits alone don’t save energy, but merely point to what needs fixed. You need to implement the recommended improvements– and we can help there too.
Our Home Performance/Energy Audit services can effectively identify areas in your home that may be causing excessively high energy bills or those nasty hot and cold spots throughout the house. Our Agreenergy Home Performance Report will systematically break down your home’s energy consumption including how and where it is used. We will identify for you the areas you can improve to decrease energy bills and live more comfortably in your home. We pride ourselves on clearly explaining our results to clients in order to provide a useful report on your home for years to come.
The Energy Audit Process
Our test takes three to five hours of your time and we can discuss initial results. The Home Performance/ Energy Audit process shows how efficiently your home works for you. The analysis will include:
- A check of the effectiveness of your home’s insulation
- A Blower Door Home Air Infiltration Test
- An infrared scan of all walls and ceilings.(dark area has no insulation, the light colored area is insulation)
- A visual inspection of all accessible insulation, and standard culprit air leaks
- A visual inspection of all rooms, windows, doors, attic, and basement
Where we Work
Fees for our services are based on the square footage of your home, the number of heating systems, and your home’s location. Call us today for an accurate quote over the phone.
Final Report and Recommendations
You will receive a detailed report n three to four business days. This report contains:
The report contains:
- A summary of all findings for your home
- A Photolog of Infrared Images of your home showing areas of hot and cold
- A Photolog of Physical Images showing specific problem areas
- Financial Analysis of your Home’s Energy Prospects including
- Relation of suggested mitigation remedies costs to potential energy savings
- Paybacks for Mitigations
- Paybacks in relation to Energy Efficient Mortgages. (Finance improvements through improved future home equity- no cost!)
- Energy Loss Issues and Remedies for:
- Various Insulation Issues
- Air Leaks
- Duct Leakage
- Water Heating Issues
- Home Heating Issues
- Window and Door Issues
- and other various issues
- A complete HERS report outlining the technical data regarding your home energy
- An unofficial scale from 1to 5plus stars outlining your existing EnergyStar level .
For more information, or to schedule an audit, contact us here.